Cove Angling Society was formed in 1945 by a small group of anglers who fished local waters around the Cove area of Farnborough but little is known of the founders or activities of the Society in its early years.
Their activities attracted a growing membership and in the early 1960’s an opportunity arose to obtain a long-term lease of a gravel pit at Theale Green, near Reading. With approval from the Landlord and assistance from the Environment Agency, carp, tench and roach were introduced. The fishery quickly established itself to become a popular pleasure and productive match venue, which it still is today.
During the late 1980’s, Cove Angling Society purchased land at Normandy, between Guildford and Aldershot, and in 1992 created two lakes known as Chaley Park. The larger of the 2 lakes covers 2.69 acres and has 36 swims whilst the smaller lake covers 1.28 acres and has 24 swims. The Environment Agency approved the stocking of various species of fish and Chaley Park is now a well respected fishery with a prolific head of mature fish, for both match and pleasure anglers.
Our fisheries regularly produce good match weights and are available for hire to other clubs for matches – please contact our Secretary for further details.
Click to download Membership Application/Renewal Form
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
The Committee of Cove Angling Society (CAS) holds data on members’ names, postal addresses, telephone numbers & email addresses.
CAS does not share this information with anybody else and only uses it for CAS purposes of communicating with members, newsletters & membership renewals.